Sadly the rhino poaching threat in Madikwe has increased over the last 6 months to a point where the lodges in the reserve have agreed to raise a levy on all visitors to the park. The main use of the levy will be to boost the efforts of the Northwest Parks Board in their efforts to fight the poachers and to protect the park. The remaining proceeds of the levy will also be used to bolster the ability of Northwest Parks to manage the ecology of the park in a proactive and sustainable manor.
Poaching is a serious threat to both the rhinos but also to jobs in the region. Visitors to the park, via the payment of this levy will be contributing significantly to the sustainability both of the flora and fauna and the community.
- The Madikwe Guest Conservation Levy is in addition to the Madikwe Gate Entry Fee and Fly-in fee
- The Madikwe Guest Conservation Levy will be charged per guest per day and includes VAT
- The Adult Conservation Levy is R150 per adult per day
- The Child Conservation Levy is R75 per child, under 12 years, per day
- Children under 2 years will not be charged
- Local and International Guests will be charged the same Levy
- The Madikwe Guest Conservation Levy will automatically be added to all invoices for guests traveling from 1 August 2017 onwards, and will be compulsory for all new books (and by request for existing bookings) from that date.